- What kind of Wi-Fi can the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 connect to?
The Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 support s Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz IEEE902.11b/g/n protocol, and does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Does the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 needanAqara hub to work with?
Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 is a Wi-Fi device, it can connect to the Aqara Home app directly without an Aqara hub
- What can the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 do?
Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 can detect the presence or absence of people, falls , entries, exits, approaching, going away and illuminance, and support s real-time tracking of multiple targets and zone settings.
- What is the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 detection area?
The detection area facilitates user s to configure zone automation. 320 cells are provided, so that users may freely select the zones as the trigger areas of automation event s, such as setting the sofa, bathroom, study, and dining table. Once the zone is set, it will be added to the automation conditions; 30 zones are supported at most.
- What is the use of stickers?
The sticker s are mainly used to facilitate user reference so that users know more accurately where the target is located. The stickers only affect the user’ s subjective judgment and do not affect the device’ s detection performance.
- Is the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 to be used for multi-person detection?
Yes, it support s tracking three targets.
- What is the use of the interference source, entrance and exit, and edge settings? Is it necessary to set them?
The Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 uses millimeter-wave technology, which is sensitive to moving objects. The more marks set, the more ac curate detection the sensor can make.
1) Interference: Living and office spaces often have moving targets such as curtains , fans, green plants moved by wind, and clothes hanging. If these sensors faces these objects , a false alarm may easily occur, so it needs to be mar ked as an interference source. Currently, the interference source marking is mainly for object s with smaller emission signal s, such as green plant s and running water.
2) Edge: The setting of the edge is mainly used to counteract false targets caused by a wall or other object reflection signals. The area out side the wall is also suggested to be set as the edge.
3) Entrance and Exit: It can accelerate target creation and deletion speed and improve the user experience.
- What is the button on the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 used for?
1) Press and hold for 10 seconds to reset the network.
2) Press it quickly 10 times to res tore the factory settings. Note: This operation will delete al l the data such as the Edge, Interference and Entrance and Exit.
- Does Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 support local automation?
Yes, but it requires the latest firmware Aqara hub which connected the same LAN with the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 to supports Wi-Fi local automation.
- What is the recommended distance between Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 and the Aaqara hub for location automation?
It is recommended that the distance between the FP2 and the hub should not exceed 20 meters, and they should be under the same AP. There shall be no more than two walls between them.
- How can I verify if the installation position of the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 is proper?
1) After binding success fully, if the device homepage can display a small icon of a per son, and the motion path is consistent with yours, it represents that the device may normally report the location data. (Note: There will be a delay in device display, due to the communication between the device and the server.)
2) If absence detected within 30 seconds after leaving the detection area, it means that the current installation position of the device can meet the main requirements . The quicker it is, the less interference there are, and the easier it is to make a correct judgement. If absence event takes a longtime or not reported, it represent s that there are some interference in the space; the environment may be checked, and the position may bechanged.3) When it is installed, please avoid moving object sand moving object s within a certain period to avoid false alarms .
- How far can Aqara Presence Sensor FP2detect?
When wall-mounted, the horizontal detection angle is 120 degrees, and the radial di stance is about 8meter s. When ceiling-mounted at a height of 2.8meter s, it can cover a radius of 2 meters.
- How to set up automation based on zone detection?
After setting up the zone, the automation condition will add zone detection, which supports zone automation. For example, if you setup a sofa area, you want to set up the l ight to turn on when entering the sofa zone: Cl ick the “+ ” in the upper right corner of the automation page, select FP2>Zone Detection> Zone > Enter in the “IF” section, and select the light> Light in the “Then” section to complete the automation setting.
🚚 FREE delivery on your order.
- Zone Positioning. You can divide the detection zone into up to 30 zones, such as sofa, bed or desktop, etc. and set up individual automations for each zone. It is like having several PIR sensors at the same time with one Presence Sensor FP2. Please note: the FP2 is a wired sensor that should be constantly powered.
- Multi-Person & Fall Detection. The FP2 can simultaneously detect up to 5 people and trigger different scenarios and automation. Moreover, you can mount the FP2 on the ceiling and choose the Falling Detection Mode, which will detect and alert you through the app if someone falls. (Note: The FP2 is not a medical device, and can only be used for notification purposes)
- Multi-Ecosystem Support. The Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 is exposed as multiple sensors to HomeKit, Alexa, Google Home and Home Assistant. (Note: The device can be added directly to Home Assistant using HomeKit Controller integration) You can integrate the sensor easily without requiring an Aqara hub, which is a great solution for smart home enthusiasts.
- Ultra-High Precision with More Privacy. By implementing millimeter-wave radar technology, the Presence Sensor FP2 provides precise detection of movement without producing false negatives, even for slight movements. Also, the detection does not require a camera monitoring system, maximizing privacy for users. Also, thanks to its IPX5, the FP2 can also be installed in wet environments such as bathrooms.
- Built-In Light Sensor & Local Automations. Additionally, the FP2 has a built-in light sensor, which provides greater flexibility and enjoyment when creating lighting automations (Only available in Aqara Home, HomeKit, and IFTTT). Moreover, automations of FP2 are executed without sending to the cloud and will keep working even if there is no internet connection.
Delivery, Returns & Warranty
Free delivery in Lebanon. Pickup and Same-day delivery possible. Learn More.
15-day returns on any order. Return policy exclusions apply. Learn More.
We warranty our products to be free of manufacturing defects, and we will repair or replace with a new product, at our option, any product sold by us that is deemed defective. Exclusions apply. Learn More.
Is this a gift or surprise? Please contact us if you wish to add extra gift-wrapping. Extra costs apply.